Lofty Valley Wines is located in the Adelaide Hills near Mt Lofty and Summertown in the Adelaide Hills, a classic premium cool climate wine growing region. Lofty has a very boutique and easily cared for 4 acres of Chardonnay and 2 acres of Pinot Noir. Because of our size we can manage the vines to maximise the fruit quality. Production of our tables wines is limited. We also blended these two grapes in 2011 together (the cooler year) to make a gorgeous Sparkling!
Speaking of bubbles, our 2011 traditional Sparkling has just been released! There are actually two styles, one with no additions!. As the climate is perfect for sparkling grapes this has made a wine of exceptional quality, a very fine bead, and an amazing light salmon pink colour, being 40% Pinot.
A list of the wines we produce is hiding at the bottom of this page (scroll down)…
Lofty Valley Pinot Vineyard in its early years.
- Single Vineyard ASCENT Chardonnay, produced annually
- Single Vineyard STEEPED Pinot , produced annually
- ALTITUDE Vintage Pinot Chardonnay Sparkling 2011
- ATTITUDE Vintage Sparkling Shiraz 2012 (NR)
- COLLINS CLASS Pinot Noir (best 2 barrels of "Steeped" Pinot)
- LANI'S VIEW Chardonnay ( best 2 barrels of "Ascent" Chardonnay)
- ALOFT Sauvignon Blanc from Lenswood, produced occasionally